Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, allowing bloggers to share the amazing books they are eagerly anticipating this coming year!

Between the Sea and Sky by Jaclyn Dolamore

For as long as Esmerine can remember, she has longed to join her sister as a siren, the highest calling a mermaid can have. But when her sister runs away to the mainland, reportedly to elope with a human, Esmerine is sent to retrieve her.  

Using magic to transform her tail into legs, she makes her way unsteadily through the streets of New Sweeling. There, she will come upon a friend she hasn't seen since childhood - Alandare, a boy, now a man, who belongs to a winged race of people. Together, Esmerine and Alandare put aside their differences to find her sister, and in the process discover a love that cannot be bound by land, sea, or air.
 
** I love mermaid stories, and I'm so hyped up for this one! The cover is just gorgeous and the plot sounds intrguing. Can't wait for June 7th!

3 comments:

  1. Oooo! This looks awesome! I'm really excited you posted this as your WOW cause I've never heard of it before but it sounds great! I love mermaid stories too....Its going on my Goodreads list right away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was looks good and I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this one but it sounds cool. The cover is really pretty. :)
    -kathy
    www.readthisinstead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete